Wednesday, August 24, 2005

toink

the earthquake that took so many lives in baguio caught me in the 8th floor of an old university building. as i tried to escape the wrath of nature i still managed to campaign for our student party. the boat i was riding together with barkadas capsized on our way to matabungkay. while under water and slowly sinking i was wondering where my Ray Ban was. a bullet missed me by a hairline and i could only utter, "oopps....shit!" i played hide-and-seek with death envoys and the only thing i made sure was i had my ID with me, that if at all i could be identified and my corpse be brought home to dad and mom. and so many other unbloggable misadventures. not even once did i think of praying for my life or salvation of my soul or divine intervention.

but in the past two months i had been praying a lot. my counsellor, on my second session with her, said i'm suffereing from broken heart. that drove me into profuse tears. she asked what i've been doing to recover from it, so i told her one is to pray. and pray a lot. knowing that i'm an agnostic she said i must be really hurting that it got me into praying.

a glass of water, pats on my shoulder, a good rub on the back then i regained my composure. in between sobs, face still sullen, pathetic even, i thought to myself, "tang ina ang baduy ng problema ko, BROKEN HEART!!" toink!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger click & crash said...

ika nga ni jeanette winterson, "we are lucky, even the worst of us, because daylight comes."

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

take comfort in these words: no spell of silence, nor tear of parting, only a smile, a gentle glow.

3:42 PM  
Blogger len said...

thanks anonymous. pari ka ba? :)

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home